Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Valentine with options...

Happy January 13th!  A beautiful, albeit, cold Tuesday here in upstate NY. The sun was almost painfully bright - giving the illusion that it was warmer today - when in fact it was a rather chilly 4 F - again - without windchill - and there certainly was one - -11F below zero.  Brrr!

I am trying to work out how to do YouTube videos - as a matter of fact that's how I spend a couple of hours today - still not comfortable with it.  Will keep trying.  I really want to grow this blog and my YouTube channel - please follow my blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel - I would really appreciate it!

I also spent time today trying to work out what kind of necklace hanging to use for my Valentine face pendant.  I am a very slow crafter I think.  The video I made to test out editing software was about trying Kumihimo to create the corded hanging.  The video will not make it to YouTube but some iteration of this may - I am still working out materials.  I came up with some very thin black cord and matching white cord so I think there will at least be a video about creating the corded necklace.

Here are a few photos of the face pendant with necklace bases that I already have and then a photo of a prior work of Kumihimo that I finished last summer.  Hope you like them.

White necklace base


Black necklace base
Kumihimo - the end is not yet completed will be a tassel or beaded

From the porch - January 12, 2015

The last picture is from yesterday morning - it snowed fairly long and pretty hard.  Enough that the snowplows were out all day and even my driveway was plowed.  I am very blessed to live in such a beautiful place - at least I like it when I can look at it from inside the house - LOL.

I will hopefully have a video to upload either tomorrow or Thursday; until then, may your life be happy!  K

No comments: