Friday, January 23, 2015

Faith Journal - 2015

I should probably say that this a Faith "Art" Journal.  A place where I can put out in color what different scripture and biblical thoughts about God mean to me.  I really enjoy this kind of journalling

One of my craft spaces - cramped but do-able
These are some of the items I've gathered to start working on my journal.  As you can see it's a spiral bound mixed media blank journal.  Lets see where it goes...

Outside covers of Journal
No longer yellow.  I sprayed them with dylussions sprays, some ranger spritz spray in frost, silver and gold, and splattered on some FW inks.  I really like the results - I was going for the shapeless teaming void pre-creation.  I know it's supposed to be dark but I can't imagine it without color.
Finished covers
I really like this journal.  The front cover just says "In The Beginning" and the back cover says For Him.  The sticker in the upper left corner of the back cover says, "And now these three remain:  Faith, Hope & Love.  But the greatest of these is...Love."  1 Corinthians 13:13

Inside front cover and the first page
The inside cover goes with the outside, and follows the creation theme, and the verse - "God blessed them", is Genesis 1:22.

Page 1 is Psalm 96:4 - The cross shaped word stamp is anyway and the prayer stamp next to it is very fitting - and my prayer for all who need.  This is what it's all about - LOVE and saying yes to love is something that I can't help.  The colors on this page are from my KOI water color kit and done with a water brush.  I had a great time creating this rainbow of color for the back ground for this page.

Well, this is what I've been up to - it's been fun.  I hope that this day finds you well and happy.  K

No comments: