Monday, January 19, 2015

My Valentine face pendant and two cards -

Hi!  I didn't get a chance to post yesterday about my Valentine pendant.  She is complete finally - nothing kept simple here!  I went with Kumihimo cording and some chain for the necklace cording.  I've decided that this one will just be a pendant necklace - no pin back.

close up of pendant

finished pendant with adjustable closure length

chain ends showing lobster claw closure

I enjoyed making her but I'm glad she's finished!  Hope you like her.  (My granddaughter says the faces kind of freak her out - LOL- maybe that's why I like them?)

Today I've been working on the two cards I started last week.  I stamped out some of the Santoro stamp images and colored two of them.  If you remember, I used Prisma color pencils.  I finished the images up with Copic markers and a little glitter.   I used die cutters to create a frame shape on one and a scalloped oval frame shape on the other - both are raised from the surface of the card base by matching foam shapes - I think they came out pretty well.  The cards still need to have a sentiment added and the pink card needs more embellishment too.  The green one with a frame speaks for it's self - but there may be an opening sentiment added to the front.  See what you think:
Pink - Thinking of you...

Green - Wish you were here...

Pink is 4.75" square and green is 5X7
I hope that everyone is having a good Martin Luther King day here in the states.  It seems long ago that he captured the hearts and minds of the nation - may we all capture his dream and find peace together.  

Until next post - be well and take care - K


No comments: