Thursday, January 22, 2015

Three Cards completed today!

Today has been another day spent in my craft room - I'm enjoying myself and even showing a little productivity.

I finished the two cards that I started last week.  The small pink one has turned into a thinking of you card that I'm going to send to a friend.  The green one is a Miracles Happen card and may have a home too.  The third is a 6X6 gatefold Sympathy card for the family of a woman who died tragically on Monday in a car crash.  She was a friend of my late husband, Ted, a teacher at the school, and in summer volleyball league with my daughter.  Very sad.

I will show pictures of all of the cards.  I will be doing a separate blog post to show the materials that I used in the gatefold card; information that is appreciated by fellow crafters - I am a big proponent of using what you have - good things happen - and not necessarily because you used the same things I did.

The first card is the Thinking of You:

She does look like she's thinking of someone - doesn't she?

This is the inside of the card.  The sentiment in the white oval is raised from the card by foam.
The second card - Miracles Happen:
The stamp on the front is about Faith

Simple inside - Miracles Happen
('nough said)
The third card is the Sympathy card.  I really needed this card to be good enough to give away - and I think it worked out well.


I made the 6X6 envelope on my memory keepers, envelope board.  It was very easy and came out really well - the card fits inside easily; even though it has some dimension.

I hope you've enjoyed this post.  I will post more detail about the sympathy card and will be putting a post up about my 2015 Faith Journal.  I'm really enjoying my craft room.

Hope you are all having a great week.  Take care - Kelly

No comments: