Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Face Pendant - done!

I finished my latest face pendant today.  Yay!  I had almost enough beads to complete the fringe without breaking into the new container I found - yes - found. I really do have a lot of beads.  LOL.

She reminds me of a Valentine so that is what I've decided to call her.  (Even the beads around the face seem to form a heart.)  The only thing I need to decide now is how to hang her.  Do I do Viking Knit, use a cord or a ribbon?  I like Viking Knit but that means weaving the wire and beading the ends and creating the connections.  I enjoy it but it takes time - as does any good thing.  Oh well, we'll see.

This is a photo I just took before writing this post:
Valentine January 2015 Kelly Bell


Valentine close up of face

I used small teal blue seed beads in the fringe to compliment her eyes.  The face is made by sculpting polymer clay.  This one is hand painted and sealed and then attached to felt with E6000 in order to securely add the hand bead work. I hope that you like her.

Until next posting, take care - K

No comments: