Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Birthday!

Today was a good day and my birthday! I got to talk to all of my family members and it was nice to catch up. Ted and I went out to breakfast. He surprised me with a new ASUS pc. It's a little pc with a 7" screen that weighs less than two pounds. It will be great for on the go. He also gave me a beautiful red begonia. I worked on some of my outstanding projects and just had a really nice day doing things I enjoy doing. Life is good.

I want to share some of my work in progress on the Dressform class that I'm taking with Jean Bernard. This is the project that I won by guessing some of the products/objects she was using in a new endeavor. I'm having a blast and think it's coming out really good. I've also included a couple of items that I've sculpted using the techniques of Christi Friesen. This is a work in progress (WIP) so I will be posting again later as I get further along. (It helps that the weather has been rather wintery/rainy/cold/miserable, so staying in and working on things has been a welcome opportunity to stay warm, dry and happy.

Now for the dressform art. When I started this for some reason I had Ocean/Atlantis on the brain so of course - here is my rendition of the reigning queen of Atlantis. Blogger is haviing difficulty with uploading photos right now and says to try later. I am going to have to try another time. So stay tuned - pictures to follow. Have a happy night.

3 comments:

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Friend Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!!!!and many moooooooore!
Love Sherrie

Clothmatters said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Isn't it wonderful to be 29 every year? LOL.
Connie

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fantastic year!!!