Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Last Sunday in February 2008!

Hi and welcome to another cold but sunny day in Cambridge, NY. It's been a rather drawn out week but a busy one. We had the pleasure of Jacquelyn's company for the week she was on "spring break". I've finished my swap sculpt for Lee on my BPCAG list. This is two good friends sharing a special story. I really enjoyed swapping with Lee.
This is a picture of the Welcome to Bear Heaven that he sent to me -
Lee also makes very nice gliceryn (sp) soap that we are enjoying.

I've also sent a new pin out to my swap partner on Pin Doll Alley, Maureen Thornton. Our theme this month was a mouse and its swiss cheese. I had a good time with this one too. Trying my hand once again at making a free form miniature animal head. This pin is cloth whereas the two best friends are polymer clay. You can't really see the yellow fabric of the heart but it has shaded areas that make it look like swill cheese. This one is titled "The Queen Of Cheese". Cloth and clay are very different mediums to work in, and both have some very exciting possibilities. This little mouse is made out of craft fur/felt. It came out pretty good too if I do say so myself. :-P
Since it's the end of the month of February, all my challenge's are due that I've entered for the month. I have entered a hat in a magazine challenge. It's an edwardian ladie's hat. I really love hats and had a good time making this one.
I guess that's all for this post. Keep on looking up and pressing on. I'll leave you with a picture of my Jacquelyn the beautiful butterfly face. Have a safe and happy week.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Kelly, I love your sculpts, your hat, your mouse - AND ESPECIALLY YOUR SWEETY with her butterfly face painting! So many pretties to see all in a single post!

Yvette said...

These are all darling!!
I love the little mouse and cheese - Its so cute! :o)