Friday, February 19, 2016

Flip Fold Card Mini using the Sugar Hollow bungalow set from Heartfelt Creations - Design team entry #3

Hi again - welcome back to my craft room.  I have been working on a very cute flip fold card using the sugar Hollow Bungalow set that I just received.
This was a very fun project.  I had been watching videos by Cat Hand on YouTube that showed Dendritic Monoprinting.  She used glass sheets which I'm not a fan of - so instead I tried it using two plastic loose leaf binder dividers - it worked so - yay!

I have a video tutorial available on YouTube if you want to see the tag making process:

https://youtu.be/Miq9cbVbGSc

Materials List for the card and tag:

Heartfelt Creations:
Stamps:  Sugar Hollow Bungalow (HCPC-3718), You're A Hoot (HCPC-3715), 
Dies: sugar Hollow bungalow (HCDI-786), Eyelet Oval (HCDI-776)

* I also used left over embellishments from my previous project - Brag Book Mini from the Birds and Blooms collection:
Stamps: Birds and Blooms (HCPC-3644), Leafy Branch (HCPC-3645)
Dies:  Birds and Blooms (HCDI-756), Leafy Branch (HCDI-757)

Paper for Card: Classic Sunflower Collection (HCDPI-247)

Miscellaneous:

Art Institute Dries clear glue
Washi Tape of choice (mine is birds and cages images)
Matte Mod-Podge (to seal the Washi)
1 piece of 8.5 by 11 inch brown cardstock
1 piece of "feather/leaf" design paper - from my stash - whatever appeals to you
Printer paper for the Dendritic technique
   Acrylic Paints:  (I used) White, Copper and Coffee Bean
White card stock scrap for the What's Up? embellishment
Momento Ink:  Tuxedo Black for owl stamping and Rich Cocoa
Gel pens
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Black Micron Pen 01

To create the tag please see my tutorial on my YouTube channel linked above.

To create the flip fold card:

I used a sheet of the Classic Sunflower Collection paper (one side is divided into four / six inch sections)  Cut the sections apart to use as pages.  (You will only need three.)

Lay the pages out in a line in an order that appeals to you.  The first page will have the tag taped to the right hand front side as a "flip out" section.

Leave about 1/8th of an inch between each page to allow for the pages to move easily.  Decide if the pages as they lay on the table are the inside or the outside of your card.  Connect each page to the next using the Washi Tape.  Cut the tape flush with the ends of the pages.  Coat each Washi strip with a layer of Matte Mod-Podge to keep the Washi from peeling up.  (it's low tack).

Flip the connected pages over and do the same thing - keep track of top and bottom if your Washi Tape is directional.  Do the same thing to this side - Washi Tape the connection of the pages and coat with Matte Mod-Podge.

Let dry or dry with heat gun taking care not to bubble the Mod-Podge.

This makes your card complete - all that's left is to decorate.

Using the tag created in the video tutorial.  Cut it to match the size of the card as desired.  Using Washi Tape connect the tag to the front-right hand side of your card.  Coat the Washi on both sides of the connection as above.

All that's left is to decorate your card as desired.  I leave that to you.  This is a great place to put special photos or memories to share with someone special. I think I will make another one for a special friend who is getting married on Sunday using a wedding themed paper stack.  The possibilities are endless...

I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you will come back and visit me soon.  Have a wonderful and color-full day!

Kelly





No comments: