Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book mark with Peacock Tassel - Featuring the Heartfelt Creations Peacock Paisley collection - Design team entry #2

Hello - I hope today finds you well and doing things that make you happy.

I've been working in my craft room which makes me very happy.  Today I've made a book mark (or two) using the Feathery Peacock stamps and dies by Heartfelt Creations.  I hope you like them - if you want to see a tutorial (rather long) about the creation of the tassel it's available here:

https://youtu.be/y6ASvgZ26To

Materials List to make the book mark and Tassel:

Heartfelt Creations Peacock Paisley Collection:
Stamps:  Feathery Peacock  (HCPC-3661), Peacock Swirls (HCPC-3660),Daisy Flourish (HCPC-3658), Peacock Paisley (HCPC-3659)
Die: Peacock Paisley (HCDI-771)

Miscellaneous items:
140 pound watercolor paper 
coloring media of your choice (I used acrylic paint for the book marks and Inktense Pencils and Gelli Roll pens for the peacocks)
Momento Tuxedo Black stamp ink
Martha Stewart Living Glitter Specialty Finish in Icecap White #442 843
Beads, bead caps, bling, 
fibers (embroidery floss, yarn, wool, thread, string, etc)
Needle
Thread
Cotton Fabric
Pellon 808 craft fuse or stabilizer of your choice
Iron
3by5" index card or piece of cardboard to size to wrap fibers for tassel

To make the tassels you need fabric and iron on stabilizer along with the stamp and die (or scissors) of your choice.


Using the directions provided with your stabilizer, iron the fuse to the fabric, fabric side up.
Stamp the images on the fabric side of the stack and then iron with a dry iron/no steam to set the ink.

At this point I roughly cut the images to fit on the die plate for cutting. 


*I use Washi tape to temporarily hold the die cutters in place over the image and then pass the plate through the machine as many times as necessary to obtain a clean cut.  (The number of times will depend on your machine.)

Die cut all pieces and prepare to color.  I use Derwent Inktense, a Sakura Water Brush, Kohl-I-Noor (woodless colored pencils), Sakura Gelli Roll pens.  You may use any options you wish.  Acrylic paint and water colors will also work.  For the Feathery Peacock I also outlined some of the bolder lines with a black micron pen. 

NOTE:  Some of the stamp ink may run - it's all fixable - just keep working it.

On to the tassel - (link to the video on my YouTube channel provided above.)

Choose fibers and beads and embellishments of your choice.  I used a section of 3 X 5 index card to wind my fibers around to create the tassel.  Top it with whatever you choose, sew on the Peacock, embellish everything and you've got one gorgeous tassel.

Book marks are 140 pound Watercolor paper.  Background painted with acrylic paints and after dry; stamped with the Feathery Peacock (HCPC-3661) stamp.  The back is treated pretty much the same way but stamped with an assortment of the stamps mentioned in the materials list above.  I then colored and painted various parts of the stamped images.  

Finally, I laminated  the completed book mark using a book mark sheath and the Purple Cow hot/cold 9 inch Laminator (3016C)

I hope that you enjoyed this project and if you make one I hope that you will share it with me.

Thank you for spending time with me - I hope you have a very color-full day!

Kelly


No comments: