Monday, November 12, 2007

Lost a day

Happy Veteran's Day (celebrated) and Good morning! Back from NYC and Mike's show. Whew - know I'm getting older but Saturday was so hectic (and long - didn't get back home until 3:30 am) that I totally lost Sunday. Good thing that it's a long weekend for us. Today is a day to reflect on the liberties that we as Americans possess and thank the brave people who protect our freedom every day. Most of my family has served in the military in one form or another and we are very proud of our country and what it stands for both in protecting and serving.

NYC was beautiful. We walked around Times Square - Macy's windows are being unveiled next Sunday, November 18th - some stores are decorated (including Macy's inside) and the weather was gorgeous. Still too many people in one place for my comfort zone - but all were extremely nice and very helpful. NYC is not mean and crazy so if you get a chance to go and see what a big city really is - I highly recommend it - but bring a ready cash supply because there is a lot to see but most of it costs $$$. We used the subway and found more friendly, and thankfully helpful people there. Mike's show was good - loud and very interactive. We all had fun and it was a definite "experience". Really enjoyed our time out but now very glad to be home and quiet for a while. I'll post a few pictures of this when I get a chance too. Camera did not like the lighting or the "theatrical smoke" in Webster Hall so not many pictures of the show are salvagable.

Well I have things to do and should get myself moving. Until next time - hope you dance.

No comments: