Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You tube challenge - maybe

I have gotten into the habit of watching You Tube videos.  I've subscribed to quite a few channels and have my own channel too.  I haven't created any videos personally.  I only created the channel to post a video that I took of my grandson, Zachary when he was starting to play the trumpet.  If you check my channel out it's still there - Zachary is 16 now and the trumpet is history but oh well.

Anyway, the point of this post is about a You Tube challenge that was issued by Rina Meyers.  She has reached over 4000 subscribers and is offering many prizes from several different sponsors for participation.  One way to enter is to just make a comment on her video where she announces and explains the challenge.  The other way is to actually participate is by creating three embellishments.  I didn't mention that this is craft related, but then for me what else would it be?

I don't think that my style is very like Rina's but hey - I'm giving it a shot.  As a doll maker, the first thing I began is one of my small Angel guardians.  I've got the face started but nothing to really show yet.  Then I had an inspiration for the second embellishment - it will be a kind of tag, maybe for a card or scrapbook page or some dec thing.  I started with a free clip art print - from one of several Dover Publications I've purchased over the years.  This one is from Fairies.  The illustration, as I printed it, is about 4 by 6 inches.  I then "sugared" it.  This is a Victorian technique where glitter is applied all over.  (Back in the day it was truly sugared though - and not terribly practical or sanitary now.).  I will be doing further embellishing with lace and beads - maybe buttons, bows and flowers - well okay, I'll try to not get too carried away.  Here's a picture of the sugared image - I really like it.  I have glitter everywhere now and needless to say things are mighty sparkly here.  Making a mess is so much fun!

It's late and the lighting in this room leaves much to be desired - I will post more photos as I go along.  



Have a great night!

No comments: