Thursday, September 4, 2014

Third time the charm?

Wow am I struggling with posting to this blog!  I am trying to get pictures to move from my phone to the computer so I can post from the computer instead of the phone.  I think I finally figured out an easier way.

Yesterday, Wednesday, September 3, 2014 was a pretty big day here.  Tree guys from Greater Heights,  out of Bennington, Vermont came and took down the two big Hemlocks and two overgrown Yew bushes from in the very front of the house.  Wow! does the house look bigger now - and in serious need of power washing.  The trees weren't only huge and over grown but also very, very close to the front of the house.



On the creative side, I also finished the face pendant that I started at the beginning of the week.  I decided that she looks like ISIS - Egyptian Goddess of Magic and Life.  She is all sparkly with Swarofski crystals.  The photo doesn't really do her justice.
I haven't decided if I will just do a pin back or if it will be a pin with a bale for a necklace.  I like to do viking knit chain to make the necklace and I think I will do that for ISIS too.  Stay tuned.

I also got back into the PIN DOLL ALLEY group through Facebook.  I used to belong to the group when it was on Yahoo Groups and it was always a lot of fun.  I had a great time making Ariel for the "little Mermaid" theme for August.  My partner was Connie and I received my Flounder pin from her today.  Talk about a cute pin - wow.  I will definitely put the pin back on him so that he can go out with me.  I enjoy wearing my pins because it usually makes people smile and that is always a good thing.  I can't get the picture I took to download so I will have to post his picture later.  Thank you Connie - he is great!



No comments: