Saturday, September 8, 2007

Like I said - Lots to catch up continued....






I have been sculpting in polymer like a mad woman, working on this year's wicked witch. She is titled, "Candy my pretty?" She hangs out at dusk with her cat, Sly and tries to tempt little children and unsuspecting elders with her goodie bag. I don't think I'd follow this old crone home.... Candy is about 13 inches tall - just a perfect number for a Halloween witch - don't you think? Her base is supported by four winsome halloween pumpkin heads and the cape that she's wearing is removable and lined with a patchwork of halloween fabrics. The cape's button closure is a little "silver" witch riding on her broom. Candy's knarled old arthritic hands were a hoot to make. I can see now that I lean toward the old and crooked in sculpting. Seems my faces come out male or elderly. LOL - guess that's what my "vision" is...

4 comments:

Heera said...

Love your Candy Witch- warts and all.
I like the cicada you made too.

Cheryl said...

I love this witch. So expressive, such a face and her hands too. Her costuming is rich but she still looks kinda like a witchy hag. Oh to be able to sculpt like that

Clothmatters said...

Kelly- The witch is awesome! What a creative lady you are!

Fran said...

Love Candy Witch. Your sculptind is wonderful.
Love & HUgs
Fran