Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Happy almost Memorial Day!

Today is a hot one - whew!  I have so much yard work to do and what I do get done is re-growing at an amazing rate - has it gotten faster or have I gotten slower?  (I know - it's rhetorical.)

Thought I would put a few photos of the work I did in the yard today.  I just mowed two days ago but it's already looking like it can stand another cut - don't look at that...

Back rock wall - weed wacked - so over grown on the hill - need gas and to get the mower up there.

More of the same view - weed wacked around the green house and the back of the house too - see next picture...

yep - more of the back side of the house.

pulled some weeds out of the lily of the valley so maybe they can be seen before they go by

Weeded out the wisteria bed - there are some iris' there also.  Added some red mulch.  Will need a lot more of that... 

Wisteria blossoms

Iris'

Front view

Weeded and weedwacked the front of the house and the hitching post too.  Yep - marble hitching post - the house was a stage coach stop on the great northern turnpike.  built in the 1760s

Just another view that shows the wisteria bed too.

Need to finish cleaning out the pot and get it planted before I leave for Florida on Monday.  I'm going to stay with my dad for a week.  Note that the pot and the mailbox were also weed wacked - yes I'm exhausted - but proud...

Full front (from the side view)

What a house. (needs a lot of work)

No comments: