Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December!

Another Decembr is upon us and once again all I can think is how time flies!  I've been working on setting up a December Daily and completed December 1st today.  This year I'm a little ahead of the curve and have some Christmas shopping done.  Yay!

My daughter, Becky, and I will be taking my dad back to Texas on the 9th.  Can anyone say "Road trip!"?  The winter weather here will be too hard on him and since there is a choice - he will be somewhere a little milder.  He is doing okay.  Dementia is a terrible thing - terrible is mild and all I can say right now.

I've been working in paper, polymer and beads lately and hope to settle on a schedule in the new year to show my work here, on Pinterest and maybe even YouTube.  (Not sure but we'll see.)

This is a picture of my December Daily for yesterday, 12/1:
The picture on the bottom left lifts up and my journaling is on the back.  The frame at the top also allows the picture to be removed and there is journaling on that one too.  I'm really enjoying this process and I know it will be heart warming for family in the years to come.

My grandchildren spent the last part of thanksgiving week and weekend here.  Samantha wore a pair of faded skinny jeans that had both knees ripped out.  I know this can be fun and fashionable but in the winter, cold and painful come more readily to mind.  This is a picture of the start of my repair/design work.  I will be using embroidery floss to help further anchor the flowers and rainbow fabric to the fraing denim.  Hopefully it will prevent or at least minimize curling of the fabrics after washing.  When she out grows them I will try to salvage them further by making pouches out of the legs and a bag from the butt.  

That's about all I have for today.  Hope you are all happy, healthy and able to do things you enjoy!  k

No comments: